Enerdrive ePOWER battery chargers are set and forget, designed to charge a multiple battery system with varying battery chemistry. Each charger can be programmed to prioritise a specific bank, making sure your house bank, or starter bank, is charged first and quickest, depending on your needs.
Built with battery manufacturers recommendations, ePOWER chargers have 4 major charging phases, to extend and preserver your batteries lifespan.
Stage 1 – Bulk or Boost Charge; The battery is charged at full rated output current of the charger until the battery reaches its final charging voltage, known as its absorption voltage. In this step, around 80% of the battery capacity is recovered as fast as possible.
Stage 2 – Absorption Charge; With the charger voltage held steady the remaining 20% is replaced allowing the current to drop as the battery approaches its full charge.
Stage 3 – Float; Finally, in the float stage the charger voltage is lowered and held at a constant and safe predetermined level. This prevents the battery from being overcharged while supporting any additional loads connected to the battery, such as DC lighting and refrigerators. This stage allows for the charger to be used as a DC power supply.
Stage 4 – Maintenance; This stage is a regular timed “return to bulk” stage. After 7 days of constant operation in “float” the Enerdrive ePOWER Battery Charger will switch the charger from float to bulk to agitate the batteries electrolyte helping to provide an extended service life.
Silence when you need it – By pressing the “SEL” button for 5 seconds, the ePOWER Charger enters the ‘Silent’ mode that prohibits the fan from working. This ensures totally silent and safe operation at night, ideal if the charger is located close to your sleeping quarters. Silent mode limits current output to no more than 50%, and is programmed to remain on for 12 hours before automatically returning to a normal ‘fan-on & full output’ setting.
- Multistage Charging: Fully automatic multistage battery charger with the ability to charge 3 separate battery banks
- Separate Battery Banks:Isolated charging design where battery bank one is separate from battery bank two and three
- Programmable: Battery bank 1 can be programmed with a different charge algorithm over banks 2 and 3
- Current Control: User adjustable current output (e.g. Dial the 60amp unit back to run off a 1kVA generator)
- Smart Charging: The ePOWER battery charger will regulate its output based on the loads connected to your battery banks
- Wide AC Input Range: Operates on both 110V / 60Hz and 240V / 50Hz
- LED Display: Easy to use “set and select” menu along with scrolling charger status
- Silent Mode: Disables the cooling fan for total silent operation at night or whenever required. Activation reduces charge output by half and locks out fan for 12 hours
- Temperature Sensor:Battery temperature sensor included with 3 meter cable
- 2 Year Warranty from an Australian company renowned for customer support